ESRC's Celebrating Impact Prize now open
(26 March 2021)
The ESRC is pleased to launch the 2021 Celebrating Impact Prize. This is an annual opportunity to recognise and reward ESRC-supported researchers who have created or enabled outstanding impact. The Prize is open to current and previous ESRC-supported researchers, including doctoral students, and there are five competition categories this year - Outstanding Business and Enterprise Impact; Outstanding Public Policy Impact; Outstanding Societal Impact; Outstanding International Impact and Outstanding Early Career Impact.
All finalists have a film professionally made about their work and impact, and winners are awarded £10,000 to spend on further knowledge exchange, public engagement or other impact related activities.
Previous winners have highlighted the many benefits of taking part in the Celebrating Impact Prize:
• “It is a great opportunity to highlight the issues you are working on”
• “Every single stage of the process has been beneficial to me”
• “Now that I have won this prize, I feel it has legitimised the time that I have spent on impact activities and also allows me to continue making societal impact a key priority”
• “My credibility as a researcher has increased”
• “The award money accompanying the prize has helped me extend the reach of my research”
• Applications open: 18 March 2021
• Applications close: 10 May 2021 at 16:00 UK Time
• Interviews for shortlisted candidates: 20 - 21 July 2021
• Awards ceremony: November 2021 (date TBC)
For further details, including application guidelines, please visit esrc.ukri.org/research/celebrating-impact-prize/
For any enquiries please contact email@example.com On Twitter please search for: #impactprize