Call for papers for Visual Intersections 5
(29 January 2021)
The call for papers is now open for ‘Visual Intersections 5’ the interdisciplinary summer school focused on visual culture hosted by CVAC. This year the summer school will be taking place online in the week of the 21 June 2021 and the deadline for submissions is 22 February.
Visual Intersections 5 is the fifth in a series of annual Summer Schools which brings scholars together to explore the interdisciplinary nature of visual culture. We welcome proposals from those working in a wide range of disciplines, including artists, archaeologists, computer scientists, chemists, sociologists, geographersand psychologists,among others, who are connected by the study of visual phenomena.
We invite proposals for 1 hour workshops focused on academic development and visual research skills or 15 minute presentations on any aspect of visual culture tailored towards one of the 6 panels listed below:
1. (Audio) Visual Methods in Humanities & the Social Sciences
2. Curation and Representation
3. Landscapes and Experiences
4. Visual and Material Evidence in Historical Practice
5. Visual Culture in Sciences and Technology
6. Methodological Adaptations and Research Resilience during the COVID-19 Pandemic
The summer school provides an open and welcoming intellectual space in which postgraduate and early career researchers can explore current issues in visual culture. The presentations will be complemented by plenary lectures and workshops aimed at enhancing visual research and methodological skills.
- An abstract of no more than 250 words, including 5 keywords (please specify which of the 6 panels you have chosen)
- A one-page CV
Submissions and queries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their submission via email after the closing date.
For more information on the Centre for Visual Arts and Cultures, please refer to our website https://www.dur.ac.uk/cvac.