Botanic Garden Open to staff and students
(15 October 2020)
The Botanic Garden is now open to staff and students from 9am-3.30pm Monday to Friday only. It is closed on weekends.
Please do not visit if you feel unwell or are experiencing any of these symptoms:
- A new continuous cough
- Loss of, or a change to, smell or taste
- A high temperature
For your safety we have made some adjustments:
- You can enter via the side gate at the visitor centre, or the main gate at the kiosk with your campus card.
- There are hand sanitisation points at both entrances/exits.
- You do not have to wear a face covering.
- The visitor centre, greenhouse, bird hide and bee shed are closed.
- There is no access to toilets at the garden, please use facilities at your college or departments, there are public toilets at the Park and Ride terminal at Howlands.
- Please observe all signage around the garden
- Social distancing must be observed and seating has been spaced out accordingly.
- Steps and narrow paths have one way systems in place.
- Internal gates are left open to avoid touch points.
- You are welcome to bring a picnic but please take everything away with you.
- Garden staff can be contacted in the event of an emergency or first aid situation by calling the security office, 0191 334 2222.
The Botanic Garden remains closed to members of the public.