New reading list system: Talis Aspire
(4 September 2020)
Talis Aspire – our new reading list software – will be launched next week for all teaching staff to use. To help you get started, University Library and Collections are providing training sessions throughout September. Talis Aspire allows you to:
- have greater control over the content and appearance of your reading lists
- link to a wide variety of material (including ebooks, ejournal articles, videos, and websites)
- provide your students with a clear and intuitive interface to access the system.
Any lists that were on the old reading list system will be migrated across and ready for you to use, so no existing content will be lost.
Each of the training sessions will last an hour. The first part (20-30 minutes) will provide a basic overview of key features; the second part will be a Q&A session. You can come to all or part of a session and just drop-in to any of the Q&As whenever you have a question.
The sessions will be held online via Zoom on the following times and dates:
• Tuesdays 15, 22 and 29 September: 10am-11am
• Thursdays 10, 17, 24 September and 1 October, 2pm-3pm
The basic overview will cover:
· accessing an existing reading list or creating a new one
· adding new items to a list or removing items no longer required
· requesting items for purchase through Talis Aspire
· requesting items for digitisation through Talis Aspire
There is no need to book, just go to the Talis Aspire training webpage for the meeting link (you will need to log into this page using your username and password).
A series of self-help guides will also be available to help you to get started.