Stay and Study and Bill Bryson Library
(24 July 2020)
As of Thursday 30 July, we will be offering a Stay and Study service at Bill Bryson Library. A limited number of study spaces will be available for postgraduate students and staff to pre-book.
Although the number of users allowed in the building will be limited to ensure a safe environment for our users and staff, we will look to increase levels of occupancy and open bookings to all students as circumstances and guidance allow us to extend capacity. Services and procedures will be kept under review and revised in line with Government and University guidance.
Things you need to know
* Bookings are available Monday to Friday 9.30am-4.30pm. You can arrive any time from 9.30am with last entries at 3.30pm. You are asked to leave the building by 4.30pm, to give our staff time to close the Library.
* Bookings will be released each Thursday for timeslots the following week.
* When visiting the Library, please wear a face covering in circulation areas of the building, where possible.
* When moving around the building, please follow the route plans marked and maintain social distancing measures of 2 metres.
* We will only be allowing entry to users who have pre-booked. Once we have reached capacity, we will be unable to allow any further bookings.
* If you have symptoms of Covid-19, you should stay at home and self-isolate in line with guidance from the Government (link to https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus)
* If you are unable to use your booking, please use the ‘Manage your Order’ link in your confirmation email and cancel your order to allow the space to become available for someone else.
How to book
1. Visit our booking pages on Eventbrite
2. Select the date you wish to book (please only book a maximum of 2 dates per week).
3. Enter your details on the form, including your CIS Username.
4. You will receive an email confirming your booking – you must bring this with you on the day, along with your Campus ID card.
5. Booking will close at 12noon for access the following day.
Keep up to date
Should you have any queries, please contact us via our Virtual Enquiry Desk (link to https://dulib.libanswers.com/)
Keep up to date with our re-opening plans by following #BacktoBillyBee and #ReturntoULC on our library social media accounts: