Browse and Borrow at Bill Bryson Library
(24 July 2020)
As of Wednesday 29 July, we will be offering a Browse and Borrow service at Bill Bryson Library. A limited number of timeslots will be available for postgraduate students and staff to pre-book.
You will be able to access the Library for up to an hour to browse the shelves and check out any books you require. This booking won’t give access to any study spaces – if you wish to book a study space, please see details of our Stay and Study service. If you know which books you want to borrow, please use our Click and Collect service.
Although the number of users allowed in the building will be limited to ensure a safe environment for our users and staff, we will look to increase levels of occupancy and open bookings to all students as circumstances and guidance allow us to extend capacity. Services and procedures will be kept under review and revised in line with Government and University guidance.
Things you need to know
* Bookings are available Monday to Friday between 10am and 3pm.
* There will be four timeslots available to book:
Please ensure you leave the building by the end of your allocated booking time.
* Bookings will be released each Thursday for timeslots the following week.
* When visiting the Library, please wear a face covering in circulation areas of the building, where possible.
* When moving around the building, please follow the route plans marked and maintain social distancing measures of 2 metres.
* We will only be allowing entry to users who have pre-booked. Once we have reached capacity for the day, we will be unable to allow any further bookings.
* If you have symptoms of Covid-19, you should stay at home and self-isolate in line with guidance from the Government (link to https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus)
* If you are unable to use your booking, please use the ‘Manage your Order’ link in your confirmation email and cancel your order to allow the space to become available for someone else.
How to book
1. Visit our booking pages on Eventbrite
2. Select the date you wish to book (please only book a maximum of 2 dates per week).
3. Enter your details on the form, including your CIS Username.
4. You will receive an email confirming your booking – you must bring this with you on the day, along with your Campus ID card.
5. Booking will close at 12noon for access the following day.
Keep up to date
Should you have any queries, please contact us via our Virtual Enquiry Desk (link to https://dulib.libanswers.com/)
Keep up to date with our re-opening plans by following #BacktoBillyBee and #ReturntoULC on our library social media accounts: