Click and Collect at Bill Bryson Library
(10 July 2020)
As a part of our phased re-opening, we are pleased to announce that we are now able to offer a Click and Collect service for Durham University postgraduates and staff. From Tuesday 14 July, academic staff, as well as taught and research postgraduates will be able to request to borrow items that are currently held at Bill Bryson Library. To make your request, you will need to complete and submit the Click and Collect form, which will be available once the service goes live next week. This will also be available via Discover and the Library Catalogue.
How does it work?
Once you have submitted your request, we will process the items for you and send you an email when they’re ready to collect. Please allow at least one week for your request to be processed.
There will be three collection times per day from Monday to Friday at the designated Collection Point - you will receive confirmation of your timeslot via email. Please only come to the library to collect your items once you have received email confirmation and only at the specified date and time.
Your items will be issued to your library record and remain available for three days - if you have not collected them within this timeframe, they will be returned. If you have concerns about collecting your items within this timeframe, please contact us via our Virtual Enquiry Desk.
When submitting your request for this service, please be aware of the following:
- This service is only provided for items currently held at Bill Bryson Library and not on loan.
- We are not able to offer recalls at this time; however, your item may be recalled if it is required by library staff.
- Borrowing limits apply for this service. Please see our website for details.
- If you need to return items, please use our Book Drop facility located outside the main entrance of the Bill Bryson Library.
- If you have multiple items to request, please submit them at the same time so we can process your items as a single order.
- As far as possible you must collect your own items – others will not be permitted to collect items on your behalf without prior authorisation.
- You can check the due dates for these items through your online library record at https://library.dur.ac.uk/patroninfo
Is this service for me?
We are running this alongside our Scan and Deliver service, so please consider which service is more appropriate for your needs. Details of Scan and Deliver are available on our website.
Although we are not able to offer this service to undergraduate students during this initial phase, all library members can contact our Acquisitions Team who can explore the option of buying electronic copies of texts that we don’t currently have available online. You can request eBooks for purchase via our More Books scheme on our website.
We will be extending the Click and Collect service to other users in the coming months.
Keep up to date
Should you have any queries, please contact us via our Virtual Enquiry Desk.
Keep up to date with our re-opening plans by following #BacktoBillyBee and #ReturntoULC on our library social media accounts: