Book-drop at Bill Bryson Library
(18 June 2020)
As part of our planning to start to ease our way out of lockdown, we have been able to develop a drop off service for the return of any Durham University Library books to the Bill Bryson Library.
As of Tuesday 16 June, students are able to return books by posting them through the letterbox located to the left of the main entrance of Bill Bryson Library.
If you wish to take advantage of this service, we would ask the following of you when you arrive at the Library:
- You will be expected to adhere to the social distancing measures we have put in place
- Wipe the letterbox down with the anti-bacterial wipes provided before and after using the book-drop
- There will be a hand sanitiser dispenser located next to the letterbox for use before and after you deposit your returns
- You must ensure you push your books all the way through the letterbox and that they drop down on the other side
- If you are unable to post your books through the letterbox for any reason, you must not leave books outside the Library – you are still responsible for them and their safe return.
Please be aware that any of the books you return using this service may remain on your Library record until the end of July 2020.
If you are not in Durham:
Arrangements for final year students living outside Durham to return any books are being made separately - students will receive an email confirming the details of the arrangements within the next ten days.
If you are a returning student, we would ask that you retain your books until you come back to Durham. All fines are currently suspended. Should you have any queries, please check out our FAQs at https://dulib.libanswers.com/ or contact email@example.com