Stephenson College walk to Durham
(27 August 2018)
To mark their arrival in Durham City, students, staff and friends of Stephenson College will join together to walk 24 miles from Stockton to Durham on Monday, 24 September. In what will be a fond farewell to Stockton, the walk will also serve to raise funds for Foundation, a national organisation providing support to homeless and vulnerable people across Durham City. You are invited to join in with any, or all, sections of the walk. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stephenson College, named after the railway pioneer, George Stephenson, was founded in the University’s Queen’s Campus, Stockton-on-Tees, in 2001. The College will relocate to the Howlands Farm site this summer, taking up residence in what was previously home to Ustinov College.
It is anticipated that the walk will pass through the various checkpoints below throughout the day, before arriving at Stephenson College, Howlands Farm, South Road by 5pm.
- 7am - Stephenson College, Queen's Campus TS17 6JZ
- 9.15am - Wynyard Planetarium & Observatory, Thorpe Thewles TS21 3JG
- 12 noon - Opposite The Beehive, Salter's Lane, Fishburn TS21 4AS
- 2pm - Coxhoe & District Working Men's Club, Coxhoe DH6 4AA
- 4pm - The Rose Tree, Low Road, Shincliffe DH1 2LY