Library remodelling 2018
(8 June 2018)
During the summer, and at the beginning of next academic year, the Library will undergo extensive remodelling work across various sites to improve the study space and catering provision. In the Bill Bryson Library, this includes renovation of the Library Café and eDen and the reorganisation of spaces to add new desks and study rooms. Leazes Road Library will be temporarily closed due to the refurbishment programme for the School of Education. Please read on for further information.
Main changes affecting the Bill Bryson Library:
- Temporary closure of the Library Café and eDen to allow significant renovation and refurbishment work. The eDen will close on Monday, 11 June, the Library Café on Thursday,14 June. Both areas will remain closed until November 2018.
- Cold drinks and snack vending machines will be installed on Level 2 until the new café space opens. In this period, user are encouraged to use alternative catering facilities in the Lower Mountjoy area. Opening hours and further information about the catering provision will follow on the Library remodelling webpage below.
- Reorganisation of internal spaces to create 100 additional study desks and 4 new accessible study rooms with improved disability support on Level 1. Moreover, some low-used collections will be moved to an off-site store and the IT service desk will be relocated into the existing Library café space.
Main changes affecting Leazes Road Library:
- Leazes Road Library will be temporarily closed from Saturday, 16 June to Monday, 27 August inclusive.
- Returning books: during this period, books borrowed from Leazes Road Library may be returned to Bill Bryson Library. Please be aware that no book drop will be available when the library is closed at either site.
- Requesting books: if you are likely to need books from Leazes Road Library, please borrow them before 15 June.
Staff are working hard to ensure that disruption will be kept to a minimum, and the Library would like to thank you in advance for your patience. Before you visit please make sure you check the opening times and potential temporary disruptions in order to prevent any inconvenience. For further information and updates, follow the Library on social media and check their webpage.