Essential Guide to Research Funding Support Workshop
(19 February 2018)
The Research Operations team will be holding a workshop on the practical side of submitting a research grant application and the process when applications are successful. The workshop will take place on Wednesday, 11 April between 1.30pm and 4.30pm in the Turner Room at Van Mildert College. This cross-faculty workshop is open to all academic staff, particularly new staff to Durham and those with little or no experience of submitting a research grant application. To register for the event please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The session aims to provide attendees with an overarching understanding of the systems and processes at Durham and the support Research Operations can provide.
Workshop topics include:
- Finding Funding
- Funder requirements and eligibility
- The financial aspects of research funding including full economic cost (fEC)
- Wider Issues e.g. Demand Management
- Application Support
- The approval and submission process
- Award acceptance and research contracts
- Post-Award Finance and Project Support
Please note that this is not a Grant Writing Workshop or a detailed demonstration of GRANTfinder. Research and Innovation Services (RIS) offer separate Grant Writing Workshops and GRANTfinder training sessions.