ESRC IAA - Developing Community University Partnerships
(29 November 2017)
There are six places open to Durham University colleagues to attend the ESRC IAA Capacity Building Programme on Tuesday, 30 January between 10am and 4pm in the Partners Room, Newcastle University Business School. This one day course will encourage course participants to develop their community university partnership work. Co-developed and co-facilitated by a member of the UK Community Partner Network (UK CPN), the course will draw on research into how effective partnerships are negotiated and enacted in an ethical way. To register, please click here.
Aim: To provide an opportunity for researchers to consider the principles of successful and equitable community university partnerships, and how they might put these principles into practice in their research.
- Working out who you want to work with and why, and why they might want to work with you;
- Partner perspectives on community university partnership working – the good, the bad and the ugly;
- CUP research: Approaches to working together;
- Working across difference;
- Tips and tricks for making things work;
- What to do when it all goes wrong;
- Creating mutually beneficial value and impact.
There are 6 places reserved for Durham colleagues on this event, and we very much hope you will be interested in coming. To register, please click on the following link: https://forms.ncl.ac.uk/view.php?id=651807 (To note: UK CPN asked for quite a bit of info in advance of the day, so please be advised this might take slightly longer to fill in than usual!)
If you sign up to come, we would also like to emphasise the importance of telling us in advance if you then find you are unable to attend.
For further details, please contact:
Dr Eve Forrest, ESRC Impact Acceleration Account (IAA) Officer, Newcastle University.
Tel: 0191 208 3441. Email: email@example.com Twitter/Instagram: @HaSSResNCL/@eveforrest