Arts of Breath
(8 November 2017)
Arts of Breath is a series of lecture performances, organised by the Life of Breath research project, exploring the role of breath in poetry, fiction, singing, dance and visual art. The lecture series launches on Wednesday, 15 November at 6.15pm in ER142, Elvet Riverside 1. Professor David Fuller will examine Charles Olson’s breath-related theories of poetic structure and how these ideas were taken up by other poets, including William Carlos Williams. To celebrate the launch, this first event will be followed by a drinks reception. The lectures are free and all are welcome.
Arts of Breath (15 November 2017 – 14 March 2018)
For more information visit www.lifeofbreath.org/artsofbreath or contact email@example.com. The series is organised by Life of Breath (www.lifeofbreath.org), a Wellcome Trust funded research project exploring breathing and breathlessness.
Please also contact Sarah on firstname.lastname@example.org if you could display a poster or flyers for the events.
- Wednesday, 15 November 2017, 6.15pm, ER142, Elvet Riverside 1 - Breath, Pulse and Measure in 20th Century American Poetry with Prof David Fuller
- Wednesday, 29 November 2017, 6.15pm, ER142, Elvet Riverside 1 - Visualising the Ephemeral: Breath in Visual Art with artist Jayne Wilton
- Wednesday, 17 January 2018, 6.15pm, Durham Cathedral Prior’s Hall - Breath in Vocal Technique with classical singing teacher Miranda Wright
- Monday, 29 January 2018, 7.30pm, North Road Methodist Church - Breath in Choral Singing with Julian Wright & The Durham Singers
- Wednesday, 7 February 2018, 6.15pm, ER142, Elvet Riverside 1 - ‘Listen your way in / with the mouth’: the Poetry of Paul Celan with Prof David Fuller
- Wednesday, 21 February 2018, 6.15pm, ER142, Elvet Riverside 1 - Beckett, the Breath, and the Choreographic with Prof Susan Jones
- Wednesday, 14 March 2018, 6.15pm, ER142, Elvet Riverside 1 - Breath in Fiction and Poetry with author and poet Michael Symmons Roberts