Quickly connect with colleagues on campus and around the world. Interested?
(8 September 2017)
Then why not give Skype for Business a go, if you haven’t tried it before. You can:
- check at a glance if someone is free, busy or away from their desk
- instant message with a colleague or group of colleagues
- set up a voice or video conversation with your colleagues, including sharing your screen – all from the comfort of your own chair!
Skype for Business is installed on all staff computers (MDS Managed Desktop Service machines) and available via mdsanywhere. From Tuesday, existing users will notice we’ve enabled some new features - meeting recording and conversation history. Read on to find out more and see Skype for Business in action.
Save time, hassle and sometimes even money
You can use Skype for Business on a PC, Mac, phone or tablet and it’s convenient in a variety of day-to-day work situations. Here are two of our top tips:
- Need a quick answer to a question or want to share a file or hyperlink easily? Send an instant message (IM). It’s efficient and less formal than email.
- Arranging a meeting with colleagues from across campus or further afield? If you use Outlook, select the Skype meeting option in your Outlook meeting request and a link will be added automatically. Send the meeting request as normal and your invitees can click to join the conversation.
New from September 2017: Conversation History and Meeting Recording
Instant messages (IMs) will now be automatically saved in your ‘Conversation History’ folder in Outlook. So if you accidentally close the Skype window or lose your wireless connection, your conversations are no longer lost forever. You’ll know when a conversation you’re taking part in is being saved as you’ll see a notification message on your screen. Just like emails, anyone taking part in the conversation can save or delete their copies – simply use instant messaging in the professional way you use email.
We’re also giving you the option to capture audio, video, instant messaging and anything else you need to share using the Meeting Recording feature.
For more on all things Skype for Business, visit our Service Catalogue.