(12 May 2017)
The University Examinations start on Monday, 15 May. If you are responsible for collecting examination scripts for marking during the examination period or are a designated contact for an exam paper please read the following information.
Exam paper contacts
As agreed by Education Committee in December 2011 academic staff are not required to attend an examination venue. However, an academic adviser should be available by telephone should any questions arise from the examination paper for the duration of the examination.
Collecting Examination Scripts Directly from an Examination Venue
- All staff must show their Campus card when collecting examination scripts
- Please ensure that you arrive at the examination venue 5 minutes before the examination end time and present your campus card to the invigilator.
- For security reasons,invigilators have been instructed not to release examinations scripts to people who are unable to identify themselves as University staff.
- Once at the venue you will be asked to complete and sign a ‘Script Collection Form’ which should be returned to the invigilator as evidence of script collection.
- You should take the Examination Attendance register with the scripts.
Collecting Examination Scripts from Room PC003, Palatine Centre
All staff must show their Campus card when collecting examination scripts
To allow time for scripts to reach the Palatine Centre and preparation time for other examinations, completed examinations scripts can only be collected at the following times:
- 10am to 11.30am - for examinations which took place the previous day (AM/PM) and
- 3.30pm to 4.30pm - for examinations that have taken place that morning.
Concession room scripts will be available for collection 24 hours after the examination session.
- Examinations which are held on Monday morning will be available for collection after 10am on Tuesday morning etc.
- Examinations which are held on Monday afternoon will be available for collection after 3.30pm on Tuesday afternoon etc.
Please note that we will not be able to issue scripts at other times, since staff will be involved in other activities elsewhere and the room will be used for other exam preparation tasks. You should be aware that there is no parking close to the building and many departments may therefore find it easier and quicker to collect examination scripts directly from the main examination venues.