Road works on Elvet Hill Road and Millhill Lane
(21 April 2017)
As part of the University's New World Programme, the Network project, which is providing a new resilient network for the University, requires the digging of trenches to house fibre optic cables, which will cross Elvet Hill Road and Millhill Lane at various points. This will take place between Monday, 24 April and Friday, 26 May and while the roads will remain open, traffic management services will be in place. Read on for full details of the specific locations affected.
The dates and specific locations are as follows:
- 24/04/2017 – 28/04/2017: two crossings on Elvet Hill Road between the entrance to the car park and the junction with Millhill Lane
- 02/05/2017 – 05/05/2017: one crossing on Elvet Hill Road near the entrance to the IMEIS car park
- 08/05/2017 – 12/05/2017: one crossing on Millhill Lane near the junction with Elvet Hill Road
- 15/05/2017 – 19/05/2017: one crossing over the entrance road to the Oriental Museum rom Millhill Lane
- 22/05/2017 – 26/05/2017: one crossing over Millhill Lane near the junction with Windmill Hill (St. Aidan’s College)
The roads will not be fully closed during this work but traffic management will be put in place while the width of the roads are reduced.
You'll find a visual showing affected routes here:
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this activity may cause and thank you for your patience whilst we carry out this important work to improve the University's IT services.