Solstice wireless presenting service available
(29 September 2017)
From Monday, 2 October you can present content wirelessly from your laptop/mobile device to projectors in some teaching and meeting spaces across the campus. Read on to find out where you can try it and how to get started.
Solstice wireless presenting service allows you to present content wirelessly from a laptop or mobile device to the audio visual facilities (i.e. projectors & displays) in selected teaching spaces and meeting rooms across the campus.
It’s currently available in the following rooms (and more will follow as they are refurbished):
- Calman Learning Centre - CLC013, CLC202, CLC203, CLC406, CLC407
- Dawson Building - D210, D216, D217
- West Building - W215
- Bio-Sciences - BL201
- Higginson Building - E245
- Christopherson Annex - ENGEX1 (PC Classroom)
- Al-Qasimi - IM101, IM102, IM201, IM222
- Ushaw College - USHAW006, USHAW219, USHAW226, USHAW319, USHAW326
- Mountjoy Centre - Holly 2
- Palatine Centre - PC003
To use it, you need to be in one of the rooms it’s installed in, connected to the University’s DU Wireless service and either have the app on your mobile device or access it through your University laptop.
Full instructions and more information are available on the Audio Visual service catalogue page https://www.dur.ac.uk/cis/services/catalogue/education/?id=183 or use the term education audio visual services in the search field of the University website.