Honorary Treasurer for North East Environment Charity
(15 October 2020)
The North East Environment Network – a charity and company limited by guarantee (trading as Outdoor and Sustainability Education Specialists) – is looking for a new Treasurer.
The Honorary Treasurer provides financial information to the trustees and maintains accounting standards. She/he may act as an "interpreter" for trustees who have little understanding of financial affairs so they can make informed decisions. It is vital that this role is undertaken by someone with financial skills, so that the Treasurer can support the OASES CEO and Finance Manager.
- Four board meetings a year (usually at Esh Winning Primary School, DH7 9BE)
- Review monthly bank statements (sent out) to monitor cash flow
- Work with other trustee’s to maintain proper fiscal oversight
- Maintain the vision and develop the strategy of NEEN OASES
- Ensure compliance with the law and accountability
- Promote the organisation where appropriate
Further information on NEEN can be found on their website here: https://oasesnortheast.org.uk/funded-programmes