w/c 13 March 2017
Academic Electoral Assembly Open Meeting
Professor Alan Houston (Pro-Vice-Chancellor: Education) will present to the Academic Electoral Assembly and reflect on his first term at the University and the priorities of the Education Strategy. The presentation entitled 'Impressions of Durham and the Education Strategy' will be followed by a question and answer discussion. The Assembly meeting will take place on Friday, 31 March at 1pm in the Hogan Lovells Lecture Theatre, Durham University Law School. All members of staff are welcome to attend.
(17 Mar 2017) » More about Academic Electoral Assembly Open Meeting
Christian staff prayer group
A Christian prayer group for University staff meets fortnightly on Tuesday lunchtimes. The purpose of the group is to pray for one another and our workplaces. Meetings take place in St Mary's College Chapel from 12.30pm-1.15pm, with the next meeting being on Tuesday, 21 March. Future dates are 4 and 8 April and 2, 16 and 30 May. The group is open to University staff of all Christian backgrounds and experiences. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
(17 Mar 2017)
HR and Payroll Deadlines in April
HR and Payroll deadlines for processing in April are being brought forward due to the Easter Bank Holidays. Please note the following deadlines:
- Monday, 3 April – Contracted new starters to be received by HR
- Wednesday, 5 April - LAMS cut off
- Friday, 7 April - Contract changes and Casual new starters and appointments to be received by HR
- Monday, 10 April - Expenses approved on 10 April will be paid on 13 April
- Wednesday, 12 April - Taxable fees to be approved by 5pm for payment in April
- Thursday, 13 April - Overtime to be received by Payroll
- Thursday, 13 April – College processing documents to be received by Payroll
(17 Mar 2017)
Student Records System Upgrade
The University will be upgrading our student records system, Banner, in April. During this time, all Banner services will be suspended and a number of University services will therefore be unavailable.
(17 Mar 2017) » More about Student Records System Upgrade