Dialogue Signposts is...
- The most effective means of all-staff communication around the University. All-staff emails are now reserved solely for the communication of business critical situations or in the interest of staff safety
- A tool for communicating messages that are more routine and operational in nature, for example: car parking notices, library opening hours, payroll deadlines, temporary office closures, and CIS maintenance
- A tool for inviting colleagues to attend workshops, conferences and lectures or for publicising general university events and exhibitions.
How it works
- Each department and college has one or more designated contact who can add content to the web page usign the University's content management system
- Once approved, the news items appear on the web page: www.durham.ac.uk/dialogue/signposts/staff
- Every Friday afternoon an email is sent out to all staff with a short summary of each new content item with links signposting people to the web area containing more information. This means that people can choose to find out more abou the items that are relevant or of interest to them.
Over to you...
To include your item on Dialogue Signposts, go to the relevant contact for your area. A full list of contacts is available here. If your area does not as yet have a designated contact, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to see how this can be arranged.