A unique opportunity to access training directly from energy experts across Durham University departments in an intensive week of teaching.
This four and a half day course brings together leading experts to assess today’s energy challenges in different contexts. From global geo-histories of energy and energy transiGons to human ecobiology and resource engineering, we look at energy from a range of different perspectives. With presentations from leading experts at Durham University, this will effectively be a series of masterclasses in energy contexts and challenges.
• Global geo-histories of energy using histories of energy to highlight changing concepts of natural and ‘unnatural’ energy;
• Understanding past transitions – histories and legacies of coal;
• Unconventional energy sources (including fracking);
• Renewable energy technologies: Solar futures, Wind power, geothermal energy, carbon capture;
• Understanding the grid – technical and commercial issues;
• Contemporary political economies of energy, global political issues, energy as a geopolitical tool, energy wars and energy transitions;
• Interconnections in global energy and climate change contexts.
Book your place for this exciting training: www.durham.ac.uk/dei/events/contexts
The full timetable is available here. Details may vary. Please direct any queries to email@example.com
Find out about our other Masterclass week on Energy: Society and Practices in February.
- Whole week Monday- Friday inclusive (GBP 360.00)
- Whole week Concession rate Monday - Friday (GBP 100.00)
- Day rate (GBP 90.00 per day)
- Day rate concession (GBP 30.00 per day)