Visiting Academic Programme
We have a vibrant Visiting Academic Programme (managed by Durham University Business School) and applications are welcomed from scholars at all stages of their careers. A list of recent visiting academics is given below.
Visiting Academics are paired with a Department Collaborator based on shared research interests. They act as a link to the Centre, the School, the University and Durham, and help visiting academics take full advantage of all the opportunities on offer.
Visiting Academics should hold a PhD or have submitted their thesis for examination. If you are interested in our visiting PhD student programme, you will find further information on the University's website.
Criteria for acceptance to the Visiting Academic Programme:
- Ability to fulfil research objectives as proposed
- Make a positive contribution to our research culture
- Contribution to research seminar programme
- Sufficient fluency in English to be able to benefit from their time in Durham. If required a telephone interview will be arranged.
At the end of their stay Visiting Academics are expected to prepare a short report on their achievements and experience at the School.
The Visiting Academic Programme includes:
- Attendance at regular Research Seminars
- Access to shared desk space
- Access to shared and public computers
- IT facilities, photocopying and printing in the Department
- Access to University Library
- Reasonable use of postage and faxing
- Internal and local telephone calls
Fees for Visiting Academic Programme
|Length of stay||Fee £|
|A full academic year (12 months)||3000|
- VAT is chargeable to UK and EU visitors unless they are students.
- For academics visiting from partner universities where we have staff exchange agreements, the bench fees may be waived.
- It is the Visiting Academic's responsibility to deal with immigration, visas, accommodation and family issues.
How to apply
Please complete the online Application Form.