We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.

Data Protection

Subject Access Requests

Data subjects have the right to access the information that the University holds about them. A request for all such information is a Subject Access Request. If you are a data subject and wish to make a Subject Access Request please print off and complete the University's Subject Access Request form and send it to the following address:

Information Governance Unit
Maple Wing
Mountjoy Centre
Stockton Road

The University will process a request once it is receipt of a cheque for £10 and proof of identity, such as a photocopy of a drivers licence or passport.

Personal data will only be released to the relevant data subject. It cannot be released to any third party unless the University receives the written consent of the data subject.

Pleas direct requests for replacement degree parchments or verification of attendance/qualifications to the Student Registry section at

If you are not satisfied with the way in which your Subject Access Request was processed or the response that you were given, please write to the Information Governance Manager in the first instance c/o

You can also ask the Information Commissioner's Office to carry out an assessment to see whether it is likely or unlikely that the University has responded properly or you can take legal action through the court.