Prof Gordon Love, B.Sc. Ph.D. F.Inst.P. C. Phys.
(email at email@example.com)
Responsibilities within department
I am head of the Centre for Advanced Instrumentation and I am also Director of Education.
I have 5 L4 Project students.
My research group designs and constructs instrumentation for large telescopes which the UK is involved with around the World. My general interests are in Optics and Photonics for a variety of applications including astronomy and bio-imaging. More specifically I work on adaptive optics, biophotonics, and vision science. See our group pages, and my personal page for more info.
Centre for Materials Physics
- Experimental structure and dynamics of biological soft matter
School of Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Adaptive Optics
- Astronomical Technology
- Liquid Crystal Technology
Journal papers: academic
- Lavery, Martin PJ, Robertson, David J, Berkhout, Gregorius CG, Love, Gordon D, Padgett, Miles J & Courtial, Johannes (2012). Refractive elements for the measurement of the orbital angular momentum of a single photon. Optics express 20(3): 2110-2115.
- Young, Laura K., Liversedge, Simon P., Love, Gordon D., Myers, Richard M. & Smithson, Hannah E. (2011). Not all aberrations are equal: Reading impairment depends on aberration type and magnitude. Journal of Vision 11(13): 20.
- Love, Gordon D., Hoffman, David M., Hands, Philip J.W., Gao, James, Kirby, Andrew K. & Banks, Martin S. (2009). High-speed switchable lens enables the development of a volumetric stereoscopic display. Optics Express 17(18): 15716-15725.
- Taylor, J.M., Wong, L.Y., Bain, C.D. & Love, G.D. (2008). Emergent properties in optically bound matter. Optics Express 16(10): 6921-6929.