Pre-application Open Day Saturday 30th June 2012, Durham City Campus
Saturday, 30 June 2012
Helping you make the most of your Open Day
Thank you for your interest in Durham University.
All visitors to our Pre-application Open Days are required to register for the event and to book for all individual Open Day sessions.
Please ensure you have read the Pre-application Open Day Guide for Durham City prior to booking as it provides essential information aimed at helping you make the very most of your Open Day experience.
You may also find it useful to read the Durham FAQs prior to registering.
We very much look forward to welcoming you to Durham University.
Head of Student Recruitment
Changes to Entry Requirements for 2013 Undergraduate Programmes of Study
The following changes to entry requirements for undergraduate programmes commencing in 2013 have been recently agreed. The new requirements replace those published within the Durham University 2013 Undergraduate Prospectus.
• Modern Languages: an increase from AAB to AAA
• Engineering: an increase from AAB to AAA for the BEng
• Earth Sciences: an increase from AAB to AAA
• Business School Queen’s Campus: an increase from ABB with GCSE Mathematics at Grade B or above to AAB with GCSE Mathematics at Grade A or above
• BA Education Studies: an increase from AAB to AAA
• Computer Science: an increase from AAB to AAA for the BSc
• Anthropology: an increase from AAB to AAA for the BA Anthropology and from BBB to ABB for the BSc Anthropology. No increase to the MAnth, which remains at ABB
• Economics: A*AA to include Mathematics (Courses L100, L1R1, VL52, L112).
• Economics: AAA to include Mathematics (Course LL12)
The IB equivalent requirement for Mathematics A Level is currently under review.
The following changes, whilst not yet agreed, are currently being considered. Public notification of changes will be confirmed on 20 June 2012.
• Computer Science: an increase from AAA to A*AA for the MEng
• Engineering: an increase from AAA to A*AA for the MEng
If you wish to stay in University accommodation and/or purchase lunch in advance of the Open Day, you will need to have access to a Debit or Credit Card.
Your payment details will be taken at the end of the booking process.