Each year we run our Research Day event, providing the opportunity for top quality collaborative research to be presented to staff, students and visitors.
During this fantastic one day event, a selection of PhD students, Research Associates and Post-Doctoral Researchers will present summaries of their key findings. Providing an exciting opportunity for research activities to be shared across all research groups and to inform the wider research community of what our students are producing.
2018 Computer Science Research Day
This year, the Computer Science Research Day will be on Wednesday 06 June 2018. The event is organised for all staff, postgraduates and undergraduates in Computer Science at Durham.
2017 Research Day
A joint Research Day was held on 05 October 2017 by the Departments of Computer Science and Engineering. Presentations from Computer Science included Algorithms and Complexity in Durham and the Innovative Computing Group. Presentations from Engineering included challenges from Future Energy Systems, Next Generation Materials and Microsystems and Sustainable Infrastructure.
- The winners for the presentation competition were:
- 1st prize - Christopher Holder
- 2nd prize - Anas Bisu
- 3rd prize - Eleonore Vissol-Gaudin
- The winners for the poster competition were:
- 1st prize - Bruna Maciel-Pearson
- 2nd prize - Philip Jackson
- 3rd prize - Lei Fan
Congratulations to all the winners! Thank you to those who spoke and took part in the day.
2016 Annual Research Day Recap
The 2016 Research Day took place on Thursday 6 October with a variety of presentations and engagement from individuals across the department (previously the School of Engineering and Computer Science).
Accompanying the presentations, was a featured poster competition open to all PhD students within the School with cash prizes for the three best posters.
- The winners of the poster competition were:
- Andrew Messenger (1st Prize)
- Oliver Hamilton (2nd Prize)
- Eléonore Vissol-Gaudin (3rd Prize)
- The winners of the presentation competition were:
- Andre Nichterlin (1st Prize)
- Michael Cortis (2nd Prize)
Congratulations to all the winners and thanks to all those who spoke and took part in the day.
Phone: +44 (0) 191 334 1700