On 18 July 2017 UEC asked that the standard committee template be modified to assist colleagues in preparing concise papers for committee consideration.
The revised simplified template below should be used for all governance committees (UEC….as on current page ). Papers should not normally exceed 6 sides. Brief appendices may be used to provide further detail or evidence where necessary. These will not normally be circulated to the committee but be made available on the committee’s Sharepoint site.
Please use a new template for each paper as overwriting can cause corruption and formatting issues.
Standard Report Template Questions
How do I prepare a paper using the standard template?
Please refer to the guidance for advice regarding the preparation of a paper. Not all sections of the report may need to be completed. If specific sections of the template are not applicable to your paper, please state “not applicable” or “none” under the relevant section heading.
When submitting a report to the Governance and Executive Support team please ensure that:
- The wording of the paper's recommendations is clear
- The Executive Summary sets out concise responses to the four questions identified
- Any appendices are clearly labelled and titled
- The completed paper template is submitted as a Microsoft word file and not as a pdf (pdf files are appropriate for appendices)
Which committees will use the standard template?
The following Committees use the standard template:
- Audit Committee
- Ethics Advisory Committee
- Finance Committee
- Nominations Committee
- Remuneration Committee
Other committees may choose to adopt the standard template if they wish to do so.