MediaLit: Engaging Faith and Media in a Digital Age
CODEC will be holding its sixth MediaLit training course from 8th to 12th June 2015 exploring Christian ministry and the media
Previous MediaLit courses, held annually since 2010 (see 'Related Links'), have been greatly valued by the participants – ministerial students/ordinands, ministers, media professionals, diocesan and district communications officers.
MediaLit is open to anyone interested in engaging with the media - mass media, broadcast media, social media, community media, with a core group of ordinands at Cranmer Hall partaking in the course. You do not need to know how to 'do technology' to partake in the course - simply be willing to partake in discussions and activities.
Book: CODEC ADMINISTRATOR
WHEN: Monday June 8th - Friday June 12th, 2015
(full days Mon-Thurs: 0830-2030, half day Fri 0830-1400)
SPEAKERS CONFIRMED: Rev Dr Andy Byers, Anna Drew, Benjamin Ellis, Dr Bex Lewis, Rev Prof David Wilkinson, Harry Baker, Rev Dr Kate Bruce, Dr Marika Rose, Rev Dr Pete Phillips, Sheridan Voysey, Prof Erkki Sutinen, Dave Stout, The Podfathers
WHERE: St John's College, Durham
COST: only £300 including lunch and evening meal, refreshments, and teaching. Discretionary discounts are available for those who are ordained (£250) or unwaged (£175).
- Event Durham (rooms in Colleges, University accommodation)
- Premier Inn, Durham City Centre
- Travelodge, Durham
- Radisson Blu, Durham
- Marriott, Durham
Feedback received includes:
- The course has affirmed for me the real need for the church to engage with media issues and given me tools and skills to take that challenge forward.
- Excellent quality of teaching from both in-house and external speakers; relevant and current experience. well structured. Inspirational speakers.
- If you want to be challenged in your thinking; be at the cutting edge of thought in media literacy, experience discussion and practical session on creativity and broadcasting you need to be at MediaLit15!
- I would strongly recommend the MediaLit course to everyone in leadership, including those in churches and business. This course is essential in engaging important messages in an age of ever-changing communication techniques.
- A course which combines sound and thoughtful theological and biblical teaching integrated with cutting edge digital media.
- Essential media training for leaders in Christian churches.
- Excellent even for a technophobe like me!
- The course leadership provoked excellent discussion and brought a full learning experience to the course.
MediaLit is open to anyone interested in engaging with the media - mass media, broadcast media, social media, community media.
Come along and add your voice to the conversation.