What is CODEC?
CODEC is a research initiative based at St John's College in Durham - a new institution in a hundred year old College exploring the interfaces between the Bible, the digital environment and contemporary culture.
We are a research centre of Durham University.
We are a research project linked to the Department of Theology and Religion at the University.
CODEC aims to
- explore the interrelationship between Christianity and the media, spirituality and the internet
- understand the development in human relationships and self-perception within a digital media world
- research and develop teaching tools appropriate for a digital media world
- assess and resource the Christian community's appreciation of the digital environment
- increase the Church's ability to communicate effectively in the digital environment
Read the latest news happenings on the blog.