Solstice Wireless Presentation
Wireless connection is now an AV standard within the university. All newly refurbished teaching spaces and meeting rooms will have wireless connection. This connection utilises the Solstice Pod solution from Mersive.
Solstice offers the facility to connect wirelessly to the room display using your own device (laptop, tablet or phone), via the downloadable Solstice Client app from either your app store or the Mersive website or any university computer, using the Solstice Client app from the DU App Hub.
Solstice offers the facility for up to 4 users to connect to one display at the same time for collaborative work. For more information, see below.
A list of wireless enabled teaching and meeting spaces is available by searching here and selecting 'Input Connection - Wireless' in the 'Equipment' box.
- Connect to university WiFi on 'DU Wireless', 'DU Student' or 'eduroam'. (Access is not available from 'TheCloud@Durham')
- On a personal device -
- Download 'Solstice Client' from your app store or the Mersive website or Enter the IP address shown.
- Select 'Enter IP' Tab on the Solstice App and enter the IP address.
- On a University Laptop or PC
- Launch 'Solstice Client' from the DU App Hub.
- Search for or select device name from 'Discovered' list.
- Enter the 4 digit code shown on the display screen under the display name.
To pre-populate the list of available devices in the Solstice Client app, users can:
- Select settings
- Enter 'sds.av.dur.ac.uk' in the 'Solstice Directory Service Address'
- Exit settings