This service status message has been closed.
Planned Maintenance for multiple services
We will be carrying out planned maintenance work which will affect multiple services between 18:00 7 April 2022 and 21:00 7 April 2022. The affected services will be:
- Managed desktops (staff)
- Student wireless network (DU Student)
- The Cloud wireless network (TheCloud@Durham)
- Customer Relationship Management system (CRM)
- Connect and Communicate
- Internet access
- Data storage and retrieval
- File storage (J and S: drives)
- MFD Printers
- Poster printing
- Printing credits
- Managed desktops (teaching)
- Student systems
- IT self-service portal
- Storage: Shared Research Storage (SRS)
- Staff wireless network (DU Wireless)
- Image Management System
- Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- File back-up and restoration
- Linux desktop service
- IT Service Desk
- Mobile devices
- Staff wired network
- Remote Access
- IT classrooms and open access areas
- Mira (Linux Timeshare)
- Hardware and Software
- HR/Payroll management system (Oracle HCM)
- Banner (student records system)
- Eduroam wireless network
- Syllabus Plus (timetabling system)
- Storage: Personal Research Storage (PRS)
We are carrying out this work to Replace equipment/hardware. Whilst the work is taking place, users may experience interruptions to service.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and will work to keep any potential disruption to a minimum.
CIS will be carrying out routine network maintenance on Thursday 7 April between 6pm and 9pm. During this work there will be a brief interruption to all CIS services; this includes network services such as Telephony, Wireless and Wired network as well as Internet access.
As the disruption will be intermittent, all services should continue to be considered at risk between 6pm and 9pm as we carry out the maintenance.
You should save your work before the maintenance commences and ensure you are logged out of network and cloud applications to avoid any loss of data.
Should you encounter issues connecting to Access VPN after this maintenance, please reboot your computer and retry your connection.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.