This service status message has been closed.
Planned Maintenance for multiple services
We will be carrying out planned maintenance work which will affect multiple services between 18:00 27 January 2022 and 02:00 28 January 2022. The affected services will be:
- Storage: Personal Research Storage (PRS)
- Accounts and Access
- Customer Relationship Management system (CRM)
- Staff email and calendar (Office 365)
- Event Durham (Kinetix)
- The Cloud wireless network (TheCloud@Durham)
- Student wireless network (DU Student)
- Staff wireless network (DU Wireless)
- Connect and Communicate
- Internet access
- Storage: Shared Research Storage (SRS)
- IT self-service portal
- Student systems
- Managed desktops (teaching)
- Printing credits
- Poster printing
- MFD Printers
- Tribal K2
- File storage (J and S: drives)
- Data storage and retrieval
- Web publishing
- University desktops
- Remote Access
- Staff wired network
- Content Management System (CMS)
- University web services
- IT Service Desk
- Linux desktop service
- File back-up and restoration
- IT classrooms and open access areas
- Mira (Linux Timeshare)
- CIS Services
- Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- Library services
- Syllabus Plus (timetabling system)
- Student email & calendar (Office 365)
- Eduroam wireless network
- Banner (student records system)
- Financial management system (Oracle Financials)
- HR/Payroll management system (Oracle HCM)
- Estates management system
- Managed desktops (staff)
We are carrying out this work to Perform urgent maintenance. Whilst the work is taking place, users may experience interruptions to service.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and will work to keep any potential disruption to a minimum.
Due to a fault on a core piece of network equipment we will be carrying out urgent network maintenance between 6pm Thursday 27 January and 2am Friday 28 January. As a result of the work there is a risk of disruption to all CIS managed services including Applications, Telephony, Wireless and Wired network (this is applicable whether on or off campus).
There is also a risk to systems hosted in the cloud, such as Learn Ultra, Microsoft 365, Oracle HCM etc. You should save your work before the maintenance commences and ensure you are logged out of applications to avoid any loss of data.
The IT Service Desk will close at 6pm tonight due to the works but will open as normal at 8am Friday morning.
We apologise for the short notice given and any inconvenience this may cause.
Latest Update 08:04 28 January 2022
This work was completed successfully. As always if you experience any issues with CIS services please log a call with the IT Service Desk.
We will update with further details as they become available.