Two Factor Authentication (MFA)
Some services contain data that needs to be given extra protection, especially when being accessed remotely via the VPN or cloud hosted applications. For these services, we use an additional level of security known as two-factor authentication. It provides you with two 'factors' that are needed to access a system (as opposed to a single factor in your password): something they know (a PIN) and something they have (a device).
The services that you will need two-factor authentication to access are:
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM
- The Raisers Edge
- Oracle (HR,Payroll,Expenses)
- Power BI
- Access VPN (access to a service hosting confidential data or administrative access)
How do I get it?
- The recommended solution is to register for the Microsoft MFA service using your Smartphone, please follow this Getting Setup Guide here.
- If you do not have a supported Smartphone, a Token can be requested. Please request this through the IT Self-Service Portal here.
How do I use it?
How do I change device (Smartphone)
- If you have setup the Smartphone Authenticator App, please follow this User Guide when changing devices, to avoid getting locked out.
- If you have any further queries on using this service, please reach out to the IT Service Desk.