Purchasing print credit
Buy print credit online
You can check your current balance and purchase print credit online using a debit or credit card (please note Visa Electron cards are not accepted). The minimum payment for online print credit top-up is just £1.
Free Print Quota Allocation
Undergraduates and Taught Postgraduates receive £0.50 free quota upon joining the University.
All Research Postgraduates (PGR) receive a free quota of £25.
As before, all students can top-up their print balances individually via the print credit portal which is part of the Durham Mobile App.
Should departments need to add further credit to PGR accounts, then this can be requested by the Head of Department or Departmental Administrator via the IT Service Desk
Our printers are smart, and they only charge you for what you print - so if you send a print job that is a mixture of colour and monochrome pages, you'll be charged accordingly and not just at the single rate.
- A4 – each piece of paper costs 2p, then add on a cost of 3p per mono side printed and 18p per colour side printed.
- A3 – each piece of paper costs 4p, then add on a cost of 6p per mono side printed and 36p per colour side printed.
This can be summarised as follows:
|A4 single-sided monochrome||5p per page|
|A4 duplex monochrome||8p per duplex page|
|A4 single-sided colour||20p per page|
|A4 duplex colour||38p per duplex page|
|A3 single-sided monochrome||10p per page|
|A3 duplex monochrome||16p per duplex page|
|A3 single-sided colour||40p per page|
|A3 duplex colour||76p per duplex page|
Large sizes, posters and special requirements
Based at the IT Service Desk in the Bill Bryson Library in Durham, our special large-scale (size A0, A1 and A2) printers are available for use. They are perfect for posters and displays and you can select matt or glossy paper. The service is open from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Specialist printing charges
Cost per metre
|High-gloss photo paper||£10|
That means that:
- An A0 printout at 120 cm in length would cost £6.00 on heavyweight coated paper (1.2 metres x £5.00 equals £6.00)
- An A0 printout at 120 cm in length would cost £12.00 on high-gloss photopaper (1.2 metres x £10.00 equals £12.00)
- An Oversize A0 at 124cm in length would cost £6.20 on heavyweight coated paper (1.24 metres x £5.00 equals £6.20)
- An Oversize A0 at 124cm in length would cost £12.40 on high-gloss photopaper (1.24 metres x £10.00 equals £12.40)
Please note that specialist printing is chargable to both Staff and Students
You can also buy print credit with cash using our special kiosk - located in the print zone on Level 2 at the Bill Bryson Library