The EveryonePrint Service provides a solution for allowing personal devices and non-managed university PC's to be able to access the Central Print System via three possible methods: Web Print, Email Print and Driver Print. Using any of these options will alow you to send a print job and collect it from a university HP MFD as you would when sending a print job via a managed Staff or Teaching Windows PC. Each options provides differeing functionality which is detailed below.
You can print from your own laptop, tablet or phone by emailing your file as an attachment to either of the email addresses below depending on the functionality you require (no need for a subject line or any text in the email). Both email addresses will output in Duplex Mode (Double-Sided):
- email email@example.com - forces all print output to black and white reducing chargeable cost to monochrome printing.
- email firstname.lastname@example.org - colour printing output.
You can collect your print job from any printer up to 72 hours after you've sent your email.
Supported Email Addresses
Only emails sent from a @durham.ac.uk address will be received by the EveryonePrint system. Emails sent from alternative addresses will be deleted.
- Microsoft Office: doc/docx, xls/xlsx, ppt/pptx
- Image files: jpeg/jpg, tif, bmp, gif, png
- Text files: txt, rtf, csv,html/htm
- Open Office: odt, ods, odp
Printing an Unsupported Filetype
The recommended method of printing a filetype unsupported by EveryonePrint is to convert/export it to one of the supported filetypes above. PDF tends to be the most accessible format.