MyDurham is the University mobile app and can be downloaded for free from the Apple Store or Google Play. More information can be found in the FAQs.
- MyDurham includes features such as the students’ exam timetable, access to DUO and Library resources, the capability for online purchases such as print credits, contact information for staffl, a campus map and general information about the University and its services.
- In order to deliver these features MyDurham will display a range of your information taken from University IT systems (including the Student Record System, the Library system, My Learning and the email system). The information displayed will be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018, the University Data protection policy and the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
- Data taken from University systems will be cached locally on your device.
- MyDurham obtains the following information from Durham University student or staff members on login: IT user ID and password. Your ID and password will be cached locally on your device.
- If you are guest user of MyDurham you will be asked to provide your first name, surname, email and a password. First name, surname and email will be stored on the ExLibris Cloud.
- We may also use the information you provide us to contact you from time to time to provide you with important information and notifications.
- In order to develop MyDurham in line with our student needs we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of device you use, your device’s operating system, the type of browser you use, and information about the way you use MyDurham. None of the information can be traced to an individual - hits are recorded anonymously. We do not know who you are as a unique user, merely that there are a certain number of people using any given feature.
- The images in MyDurham are either covered by our own copyright or, where the copyright holder is another person or organisation, have been specifically cleared for our use by the owner. When we take pictures of individuals on University grounds and involved in University activities for publication on our systems or in other media, and the individuals are clearly identifiable, we seek written consent from the individual concerned for the use of their image in University materials. If you are in an image on MyDurham and have not consented to its use and would prefer it to be removed, please contact the University under the terms outlined in our takedown policy.
- The Campus maps feature does not use GPS or other similar technology to determine your current location. We may develop this in the future. We will not share your current location with other users or partners.
- as required by law;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, or to protect your safety or the safety of others;
- Opt-out. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
- Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information. We will retain data as defined in the University Records Management Policy and University Retention Schedule. If you would like us to delete data that you have provided, this will be considered under the right to erasure policy then you should then complete the Individual Rights Application form.
- Security. We take seriously the need to safeguard and hold in confidence your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized members of staff and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve the application. Please be aware that, although we endeavour to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
- Contact us. If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the application, or have questions about our practices, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org