Code of Conduct for the use of CIS open access computer facilities
This code of conduct applies to all CIS computer classrooms and other open access computer facilities. The main purpose of this code is to establish an environment where authorised users can make use of the facilities provided in pursuit of their academic activities.
- Use of CIS open access computer facilities must be in accordance with the IT Regulations.
- CIS open access computer facilities are available to all authorised users. The opening hours are available on the CIS website.
- Some of the facilities are bookable, information on room availability can be found via the University timetable. If you are not part of the group for whom a session is booked, please leave the room before the session begins, or when asked to do so.
- Some facilities are only available to a subset of the user community (for example to staff and postgraduates). Where this is the case this is clearly indicated at the location itself.
- The facilities are provided to support your academic work. Please use the facilities with consideration for others and refrain from using them for non-essential activities during busy periods.
- You should only make use of one workstation or PC at any time.
- You must log out before leaving a workstation or PC, and must not leave a workstation or PC logged in and unattended. You must not run any software to prevent others from using the PC or workstation when you leave.
- You must not attempt to move or disconnect any University equipment.
- Removable media connected to any PC or workstation must comply with the University’s Information Security policies. Make sure you take your memory stick or any other removable media with you when you leave.
- No food or drink is permitted in any CIS open access facilities, with the exception of cold bottled drinks.
- You are asked to co-operate with CIS in keeping the public locations clean and tidy. Please ensure that you do not leave any belongings, printouts or rubbish in the open access facilities and place unwanted items in the dustbins provided.
- Please keep any noise to a minimum so as not to disturb other users.
- Please report any faults you encounter in using the IT facilities to the IT Service Desk on 0191 3341515 (or email email@example.com).