Networked PC Service
Computing & Information Services provide computing facilities throughout the University via our Networked PC Service (NPCS). In total we have about 2000 NPCS PCs available in open access areas, classrooms, colleges and libraries. To access them, all you need is your username and password.
On NPCS machines you have:
- Internet and email access
- A standard desktop based on Microsoft Windows
- 400Mb of managed and backed-up file space (your J: drive)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Data analysis applications
- Programming languages
- Specialist subject based applications to support teaching and learning
- Access to printers
The NPCS is a very versatile service and we provide a number of different varieties to suit different purposes, including Express and roaming versions, for details of these click here.
Where can I find an NPCS machine?
You can find out where NPCS classrooms are located by visiting this page:
To find available NPCS machines at Durham City campus, take a look at this page:
To find available NPCs machines at Queen's campus, take a look at this page: