The eduroam service is available across the Durham University campus to visiting academic staff and students. The service is provided by JANET and only available to WiFi enabled devices. Wired eduroam access, the ability to logon to a wired university point or a university managed PC, is not currently available.
If you require wired guest access or are a guest outside of the academic community and need a guest account, please refer to the University Library pages.
Please ensure your wireless is turned on and your wireless adaptor connection is enabled.
Wherever you see the eduroam wireless network available, you will be able to connect as detailed.
Configuring eduroam for Windows Mobile
- First click on the small right arrow on the home screen
- Scroll down and tap the Settings menu button
- Tap the WiFi menu
- Ensure the WiFi networking slider is set to On
- Select eduroam when it appears in your available wifi networks
- You will then be asked to authenticate to eduroam
- Enter your Durham user id followed by @durham.ac.uk or @dur.ac.uk (either will work) as below
- Enter your Durham password
- Tap done
- You will then be asked if you wish to Continue connecting?
- Tap Connect to continue
- Once connected you will be returned to the WiFi menu and you will see Connected under the eduroam network as below