The eduroam service is available across the Durham University campus to visiting academic staff and students. The service is provided by JANET and only available to WiFi enabled devices. Wired eduroam access, the ability to logon to a wired university point or a university managed PC, is not currently available.
If you require wired guest access or are a guest outside of the academic community and need a guest account, please refer to the University Library pages.
Please ensure your wireless is turned on and your wireless adaptor connection is enabled.
Wherever you see the eduroam wireless network available, you will be able to connect as detailed.
Configuring eduroam for Windows 10
- First click on the Network notification icon. The icon is marked on the image below.
- Click on Eduroam from the list of wireless networks.
- You will then be asked to enter a username and password to continue.
- Please enter your CIS username with @durham.ac.uk attached on the end in the following format email@example.com as an example.
- Next enter your CIS password into the password field then click on OK to continue.
- You will then be asked if you want to continue connecting.
- Please click on the Connect button to finish the connection process.
- After this you should be connected to the Eduroam wireless network.