Mac OS X
The eduroam service is available across the Durham University campus to visiting academic staff and students. The service is provided by JANET and only available to WiFi enabled devices. Wired eduroam access, the ability to logon to a wired university point or a university managed PC, is not currently available.
If you require wired guest access or are a guest outside of the academic community and need a guest account, please refer to the University Library pages.
Please ensure your wireless is turned on and your wireless adaptor connection is enabled.
Wherever you see the eduroam wireless network available, you will be able to connect as detailed.
Configuring eduroam for Mac OS X
- First click the Airport menu
- Select the eduroam network when listed as available
- Enter your login and password from your home institution and remember to include your realm (domain) in the username e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ensure the 802.1X supplicant is set to Automatic
- Click OK
- Click Continue
- You are now connected - if you do not want to be asked to login each time, remember to check the Remember this network checkbox