iPhone / iPad
The eduroam service is available across the Durham University campus to visiting academic staff and students. The service is provided by JANET and only available to WiFi enabled devices. Wired eduroam access, the ability to logon to a wired university point or a university managed PC, is not currently available.
If you require wired guest access or are a guest outside of the academic community and need a guest account, please refer to the University Library pages.
Please ensure your wireless is turned on and your wireless adaptor connection is enabled.
Wherever you see the eduroam wireless network available, you will be able to connect as detailed.
Configuring eduroam for iPhone / iPad
- First click on the Settings icon in the bottom right of your home screen
- Next, tap the WiFi menu
- Ensure your WiFi is switched to ON
- When you see the eduroam network broadcasting, select it
- You will then be asked to authenticate
- Enter your Durham user id followed by @durham.ac.uk or @dur.ac.uk (either will work) as below
- Enter your password and tap Join
- You may then be asked to accept the radius server certificate
- If so, simply tap the Accept button
- You will then be connected and should see the tick next to the eduroam network as connected and can browse freely
- To verify the connection, tap the blue arrow next to eduroam
- If you are connecting at Durham University you will receive an IP address as below