The eduroam service is available across the Durham University campus to visiting academic staff and students. The service is provided by JANET and only available to WiFi enabled devices. Wired eduroam access, the ability to logon to a wired university point or a university managed PC, is not currently available.
If you require wired guest access or are a guest outside of the academic community and need a guest account, please refer to the University Library pages.
Please ensure your wireless is turned on and your wireless adaptor connection is enabled.
Wherever you see the eduroam wireless network available, you will be able to connect as detailed.
Configuring eduroam for Blackberry
- First click on the Manage Connections menu
- Ensure there is a tick in the Wi-Fi option so your Wi-Fi is enabled on the device
- Then, click on the Set Up Wi-Fi Network option
- You will then enter the Welcome to Wi-Fi Setup wizard
- Click Next to continue
- Select Scan for Networks as the next option
- Your device will then begin looking for all available Wi-Fi networks in the area
- You will then see a list of available networks
- Highlight the eduroam network and click it (or click your blackberry button and click connect)
- You will then be presented with the authentication options you need to define to connect to eduroam
- These options are over one menu but screenshots show top and bottom of scrolling menu
- Enter your Durham user id followed by @durham.ac.uk or @dur.ac.uk (either will work) as above
- Enter your Durham password
- Leave all other options as defaults as shown
- Ensure you click the Disable Server Certificate Validation
- Click Connect
- Once connected you will receive the Success! message
- Click Finish