The eduroam service is available across the Durham University campus to visiting academic staff and students. The service is provided by JANET and only available to WiFi enabled devices. Wired eduroam access, the ability to logon to a wired university point or a university managed PC, is not currently available.
If you require wired guest access or are a guest outside of the academic community and need a guest account, please refer to the University Library pages.
Please ensure your wireless is turned on and your wireless adaptor connection is enabled.
Wherever you see the eduroam wireless network available, you will be able to connect as detailed.
Guidance completed using a Oneplus 7 Pro using Android version 10
Configuring eduroam for Android
- First tap the Settings button on your App menu
- Next tap the Wifi & internet menu
- Ensure the Wifi is enabled by ensuring it is toggled on
- Tap Wi-Fi to continue
- When you see the eduroam network tap the eduroam network to open the setup menu
- Change your EAP method option to PEAP
- Change the Phase 2 authentication option to MSCHAPV2
- If the CA Certification field appears on your phone, please select the drop down for "Do not validate."
- In the Identity field, enter your Durham user id followed by @durham.ac.uk or @dur.ac.uk (either will work)
- Scroll down and enter your password in the Password field
- Click Connect
- You will then be displayed a message to say your status is Connected