The eduroam service is available across the Durham University campus to visiting academic staff and students. The service is provided by JANET and only available to WiFi enabled devices. Wired eduroam access, the ability to logon to a wired university point or a university managed PC, is not currently available.
If you require wired guest access or are a guest outside of the academic community and need a guest account, please refer to the University Library pages.
Please ensure your wireless is turned on and your wireless adaptor connection is enabled.
Wherever you see the eduroam wireless network available, you will be able to connect as detailed.
Configuring eduroam for Android
- First tap the Settings menu button on your home screen
- Next tap the Wireless & networks menu
- Ensure there is a tick in the Wi-Fi option so your Wi-Fi is enabled on the device
- Tap Wi-Fi settings
- When you see the eduroam network tap the menu
- Then tap Connect to network
- Change your EAP method option to PEAP
- Change the Phase 2 authentication option to MSCHAPV2
- In the Identity field, enter your Durham user id followed by @durham.ac.uk or @dur.ac.uk (either will work)
- Scroll down and enter your password in the Wireless password field
- Click Connect
- You will then be displayed a message to say your status is Connected