The Linux based desktop service is called LDS. The current implementation is LDS21 and based upon Debian 11.
LDS is fully supported by CIS and provide users with the following core features and benefits:
- 64-bit GNU/Linux Debian 11
- Fully compatible with all Lenovo PC hardware
- Fully automated OS and software patching and configuration
- Core software is installed across all LDS machines, and additional software can be requested
- Consistent user data across all LDS (home directory) and MDS (J drive) machines.
- Access to the central print service
Linux is continuously contributed to and tested by a global community of professional developers.
Debian documentation on the latest updates is available at http://www.debian.org