Configuration: Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther)
Please note: although we provide information here about how to configure your Apple Macintosh, we will not be able to offer any further support or advice. Please see the following URL for more information http://www.dur.ac.uk/its/policy/documents/macs/
- Select System Preferences from the Apple Menu.
- Inside the System Preferences folder, select the Network Icon.
- Set the Location to Automatic and select Network Status from the Show box. Select Built-in Ethernet and click on Configure.
- In the TCP/IP section set Configure IPv4 to Using DHCP (ignore the IP Addresses stated below, the screenshots were taken on a test system and will not be accurate).
- Click on the Proxies tab.
- Check the boxes for FTP Proxy, Web Proxy (HTTP) and Secure Web Proxy and put the following addresses into the boxes wwwcache.dur.ac.uk and 8080
- Uncheck the box for Use Passive FTP Mode (PASV)
- In the Bypass Proxy Settings box type dur.ac.uk
- Click on Apply Now.
- Your computer is now setup for access to the University Network and the Internet. You can now register for the EnSuite Online Service.