CIS Summer Internships
Looking for a head-start in an IT career right on your doorstep?
The CIS Summer Internship Programme gives you an opportunity to contribute to an IT project from start to finish over the course of 3 months. Working as a full member of your respective team, you'll be able to experience life in a large IT organisation first-hand, as well as improve your IT skills and deliver a project to that will give real benefits to the University.
What you get from us
- Paid experience in a large IT organisation in the Higher Education sector
- An opportunity to prove your ability in real work situations on key University projects
- Development of a wide range of soft skills including communication, time and project management and analysis
Each post is paid at Grade 2 (which works out at just over £3,500 in total for the 3 month period) and there is an opportunity in each of the following areas:
- Information Systems (1 x web team & 1 x reporting team) - they have responsibility for applications, i.e. website, databases and corporate systems (e.g. Banner, Oracle Financials, People+ etc.)
- Service Management (1 post) - they have responsibility for the processes that steward University IT services from conception, through to delivery and eventually to decommissioning.
What we're looking for from you
- Bags of enthusiasm, for both for IT and for improving the working lives of staff and students at your University
- An articulate and confident communicator
- A great team player who also has the confidence to work independently when required
- An inquisitive nature to drive your research and analysis for your project
This internship will be a fantastic opportunity to strengthen these skills as well as discover and develop a whole lot more!
If you have a particular interest in the web team internship it would be great if you had knowledge of at least one programming language and one scripting language but this isn't mandatory and you'll get the opportunity to develop these during the course of your internship.
Who should apply?
If you've read this far, then you should!
We welcome applications from all students whatever your discipline or field of experience - what matters to us is that you're keen and want to be considered.
The main condition is that you must be a current Durham undergraduate, even if you will have graduated by the time the internship starts and you are free of academic commitments for the duration of the internship.
Successful applicants will be with us from 4th July 2016 until 23rd September 2016. Applications are now open and will close on 2nd March 2016.