Advanced Computing Foresight Group
The Advanced Computing Foresight Group was established in 2008/09 and advises the IT Steering Group (ITSG) in the foresight and planning of IT for the purposes of research & teaching and learning, providing a biannual report. Its agreed remit is:
1. To ensure that the University is aware of what is required for it to be at the forefront of advanced computing development.
2. To provide advice and direction on strategy, investment, resources and priorities for advanced computing.
Membership of the Group is as follows:
- Dr Nick Holliman (Chair) (Engineering & Computing Sciences)
- Prof Stewart Clark (Physics)
- Prof Daniel Donoghue (ITSG, Geography)
- Dr Chris Greenwell (Chemistry)
- Dr Lydia Heck (Physics)
- Dr Richard Hobbs (Earth Sciences)
- Prof Brian Huntley (Biological & Biomedical Sciences)
- Dr Henk Slim (CIS)
- Prof Mark Wilson (Chemistry)
- Dr Richard Hardy (Geography)