Frequently Asked Questions
How do I download the Palace Green App onto my mobile device?
The Palace Green App is available on the Apple and Android App stores.
- On an iPhone or iPad, open the App Store application and search for Palace Green
- Select the Get option to download the App
- Ow the iPhone or iPad, click the PG Library App to launch it
- On an Android device open the Play Store
- Search for Palace Green, click the tile to see further options
- Click the Install option
- Click Accept to the Access notification when prompted
- Click the PC Library App to launch it (the App may be on your home screen, or listed in the phone Apps)
How do I remove the App from my mobile device?
To remove the App on an iPad/iPhone, please follow the instructions below.
- Search for the App or scroll to the Screen that contains it
- Press and hold the App icon until all the Apps shake and have a X symbol on them
- Click the X symbol to remove the App
To remove the App on an Android device, please follow the instructions below.
- Search for the App or switch to the Apps view and scroll down to the PG Library App
- Press and hold the App icon and drag it to the Uninstall text
- Click OK to complete the uninstall
How do I start the Palace Green App?
To start the Palace Green App on and Android device, please follow the steps below:
- Search for the App you installed earlier and click it to launch
- Select the Default Profile
- Click the Next option twice, when prompted
- Click Done to launch the App, from this point you only need to launch the App, no further configuration is required
On an iPhone/iPad:
- Click the PG Library App to launch it
How do I use the Palace Green App?
The Hearing Voices Exhibition has 6 Beacons that trigger audio files, the beacons look like the image below.
When you tap your phone on the Beacon, you will hear a bell ringing. You then need to allow the audio file to start by accepting the Notification notice - this should be visible along the top section of your phone or tablet.
When you tap your phone on the Beacon, you will hear a bell ringing - once this stops the audio file will start to play.
The final Beacon, which is located on the way to the Palace Green Café, is an image file rather than an audio file.
The Beacons are not detected by my mobile phone/tablet, what do I need to do?
The App needs Location Services to be enabled, this is done by default during the install.
On the iPhone/iPad you can check it hasn't been disabled via Settings | Privacy | Location Services | PG Library - the option should be set to Always. You can change this setting to While Using the App or Never once you have completed the Exhibition.
On an Android device, you can check the App settings via Settings | Apps.