Frequently Asked Questions
How should I look after my Campus Card?
Under normal conditions, your Campus Card should last while you are a student here at the Durham University.
To ensure the durability and validity of your Campus Card:
- Keep it safe in its plastic holder.
- Keep away from magnets and computers to avoid magnetic damage.
- Do not punch holes in your card.
- Do not tamper with the information or picture printed on the card.
- Keep the surface clean and free from any marks or scratches.
- Do not bend the card.
- Avoid exposing the card to excessive heat.
Do not wash the card or use it for any purpose it was not designed. You may be liable for any unauthorised use of your card prior to notifying the Campus Card office in writing of possible loss or theft.
I have lost my campus card how do I get a new one?
Please see the following page for details on getting a replacment card: https://www.dur.ac.uk/cis/password/campuscards/lost
Who can get a Campus Card?
All members of the University of Durham (staff, students (full and part-time) and authorised visitors) can have a Campus Card. The Campus Card will have an expiry date printed on it. After this date the Campus Card will not operate as a valid card.